Most Relatable Book Quotes

I don't know if its just me but sometimes I am reading and I just come across the most related quotes. Stuff that happens all the time to me, but when I see it written down I literally throw my hands in the air because I finally know that I am not alone.
A good example: "Despite being lost for words, Gobber [their instructor] yelled at them for the next 10 minutes..."
Book: How to Speak Dragonese
Author: Cressida Cowell

Please tell me I am not alone in finding these quotes...

Comments

• Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 633 ✭✭✭
    It happens to me too, although I fail to remember any specific quotes currently. But every now and then (frequency depends on type of book), a sentence may hit so close home that I just stop reading and trail off in my mind for a while before I can come back to the book. The same happens with songs.
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning
  • hermionegrangerhermionegranger the nearest libraryPosts: 119 ✭✭

It happens to me too, although I fail to remember any specific quotes currently. But every now and then (frequency depends on type of book), a sentence may hit so close home that I just stop reading and trail off in my mind for a while before I can come back to the book. The same happens with songs.

I know what you mean. I feel pretty much the same way. I can't remember any right now, but if I do I'll post again.

Don't be upsetti, have some spaghetti.
  • TheTomTheTom Posts: 17
    The place where you made your stand never mattered... only that you were there, and still on your feet.

- The Stand, Stephen King
  • Gara_the_engineerGara_the_engineer In a log house at the edge of the forestPosts: 633 ✭✭✭
    Since one tends to listen to songs multiple times but pretty seldom read a book multiple times, I'll cheat and take some song quotes that I can relate to very much:
    "In my head, voices echoing: 'girl, you should know better by now'" and "you have tried so hard to save me, how do you save someone from themselves?" are from the song 25 years by Blackmore's Night.
    The meaning of life is to give life a meaning
  • NeedlessBruiserNeedlessBruiser United KingdomPosts: 2
    Sometimes the best quotes, stand out only to you. For me I find that some of the best quotes are the off the cuff comments that people make in life that due to the lack of prior preparation leave them being the most honest. "Sometimes its the people that no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Sir Alan Turing