Hello! (Introductions)

Comments

• AprilDawn351AprilDawn351 Middle of Nowhere, NE FL USAPosts: 10
    Helloooooo Nerdfighteria!

I guess I'd be considered a fairly new nerdfighter, because I just discovered vlogbrothers like two weeks ago, but I've kinda been one forever, just didn't know there were others! I'm a die hard whovian, fangirl to an inappropriate level over Alice Cooper, own and run my own business (well, with my husband), have 2 kids, and am High Priestess of a very small coven. That's the first time I've said that btw. Growing up is weird and terrifying. Also, I'm worried I'm too old to be a nerdfighter or not nerdy enough (I loved the HP movies and hated the books). Oh, and I talk too much and have no concept of what tmi is, so sorry in advance. I also have fibro, endo, bipolar, and borderline. And according to my therapist PTSD.

Also, the scariest thing ever is whatever was under the blanket in Listen! Gave me nightmares for weeks!

DFTBA
    I'm gonna need a bigger flowchart!
  • MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭
    Welcome @AprilDawn351! You're definitely not too old, and you sound plenty nerdy enough. XD Besides, it's like John's always said, if you want to be a nerdfighter, you are a nerdfighter. :smiley:
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, and remember your faults are only a tiny part of who you are. No need to put so much emphasis on those.
    My substitution for facebook and twitter: 
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/neiroatopelcc
  • AprilDawn351AprilDawn351 Middle of Nowhere, NE FL USAPosts: 10
    Thanks @NeiroAtOpelCc I didn't even realize I was lol. Old habits die hard I guess.
    I'm gonna need a bigger flowchart!
  • DannoDanno IowaPosts: 110 ✭✭
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 645 ✭✭✭
    @AprilDawn351 welcome to TNU!
    ANd Nerdfighteria!
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
  • Emilia101Emilia101 FloridaPosts: 5
    Hi, I'm Devin and I've been a nerdfighter for around two years now. I've tried before, but have never really became an active part in this online community. Which is a shame, because it seems like nerfighteria is such a kind and interesting group of individuals. I hope to meet some new people and become a part of this amazing community I've watched grow over the last few years!
    I love reading, Playing piano, cooking, and listening to indie punk music/ Harry Potter themed bands!
    welcome @Emilia101
    or should i say welcome back...?
    @Emilia101 hello!

Was your joining of Our Pants inspired by the most recent Vlogbrothers video?
    Welcome to the 2016 version of us. Soon you'll meet the new 2017 versions.
    @beepbop1011 Yes actually! The video really brought to attention the community I was missing out on .
    Emilia101 said:

@beepbop1011 Yes actually! The video really brought to attention the community I was missing out on .

Cool, have fun!
  • MontannaPeachMontannaPeach Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭
    @Emilia101 Ooh! I like a lot of those things too! How long have you been playing piano?? Oh, yeah. And welcome to Our Pants! XD
    "I'll be a story in your head. That's okay. We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Check out the new nerdfighter zine: http://thegreenlightzine.wix.com/home
    @MontannaPeach I've only been playing piano for about a year :)
  • mysticnerdfightermysticnerdfighter PennsylvaniaPosts: 20
    echo said:

Hi! I'm echo, and I live in Britain. I like Scrabble, books, and pork. Who are you?

*hands around tea, like a good Englishman*
    I just got here. I'm Marie and yes, I'm one of those Team Mystic people for you Pokemon Go players. And I will admit that I am in my 30s and play Pokemon Go. Oh and anyone fancy a good chai latte?
    "There's nothing better than a world where everybody's just trying to make each other laugh.”--Matthew Perry :D

Don't forget to be awesome <3
    @mysticnerdfighter wekcome! Are you new to just Our Pants or to Nerdfighteria altogether?
  • mysticnerdfightermysticnerdfighter PennsylvaniaPosts: 20

@mysticnerdfighter wekcome! Are you new to just Our Pants or to Nerdfighteria altogether?

The board really. I didn't know there was such a word for people like me until I found a bunch of John Green fans on Facebook a year or two ago. Just joined the boards here last night.

"There's nothing better than a world where everybody's just trying to make each other laugh.”--Matthew Perry :D

Don't forget to be awesome <3
    edited January 2017
    @mysticnerdfighter cool, have fun here! tell us if you need help finding your way around!
    by beepbop1011
  • redheadedreenactorredheadedreenactor CincinnatiPosts: 1
    Hello! So I had an old account and through a series of misfortunate events lost it. I'm back, and I've been in Nerdfighteria for a very long time. History and sewing nerd who lives in Ohio.
    Welcome back then :)
  • hahahazelhahahazel Posts: 3
    Hello all! New nerdfighter here. I've been watching Hank and John's videos for about a year now (started with Crash Course) and I only just realized that there are forums! Thought I'd sign up as I need more places to hang out on the net. :)

I'm a science nerd, but I'm also into art and books. I look forward to meeting you all! (And, yes, my name really is Hazel.)
    @hahahazel Hi Hazel! Welcome to Our lovely Pants.

Have you found any discussions you like on here?
  • THE_MONGOLSTHE_MONGOLS KING OF EVERYTHING ULANBAATARPosts: 339 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    by THE_MONGOLS
    NOBODY STARTS A LAND WAR IN ASIA AND WINS UNLESS YOU ARE... WAIT FOR IT... THE MONGOLS!
    WE'RE THE EXCEPTION!
    https://twitter.com/TheMongols_

edited February 2017
    the funny thing is, i'm not 100% certain that the original 5 0 didn't influence my nickname... lemme rephrase that... obviously, the show had an influence. i'm just not sure if that influence was only to reinforce the nickname or if the first time i was called a version of it was because of the show.
    by Danno
  • ohalltheplacesohalltheplaces I just wanted to be one of The Strokes TexasPosts: 549 ✭✭✭
    @hahahazel how funny your name is actually hazel! Welcome to nerdfighteria
    "I want to make a simple point about peace and love
    But in a sexy way where it's not obvious"
    -"Science Fiction" Arctic Monkeys
  • DeCiBelZergDeCiBelZerg Posts: 2
    Hey there. My old SC2 screen name was DeCiBel, and I mained Zerg back in the day - so that's where my name came from.

It's been a second since I've been a part of a forum, and I couldn't think of a better place to break that trend.

I'm a musician (although I've been diving more into soft synths than 'real' instruments lately) and I'm starting to realize (thanks to some encouragement from friends) I have a natural knack for writing - although I wouldn't say i'm a great writer yet.

I wanted to find a place where I could ask for help and talk with people about writing projects and random creative projects that come to mind, and I figured this would be the best place to do that.

Found out about all this a few years ago when I watched my first Crash Course World History episode about the dark ages; I got hooked; I Started brushing my teeth and doing chores to that series in the background; and eventually figured I'd join the community sprouting up around the Green brothers.

So... here I am!
  • hahahazelhahahazel Posts: 3
    @beepbop1011 I haven't jumped into any discussions yet (it's been busy at work) but I will! Thank you! :blush:

@sackclothandaisies Thank you! Y'know, the friend who introduced me to John's works actually convinced me to watch A Fault in Our Stars with her. I hadn't any clue what it was about. I literally jumped from my seat when support group guy called Hazel!

@DeCiBelZerg Welcome to Nerdfighteria, fellow newbie! :smile: That sounds so cool. My mom is a musician (classical pianist) and the beautiful things she can do never cease to amaze me! (Also, Zergling rush FTW! Was an avid SC1 player, although I never got into SC2.)
  • ohalltheplacesohalltheplaces I just wanted to be one of The Strokes TexasPosts: 549 ✭✭✭
    @hahahazel that's so funny! ! love the name Hazel
    @DeCiBelZerg well this is the perfect place to start welcome!!!
    "I want to make a simple point about peace and love
    But in a sexy way where it's not obvious"
    -"Science Fiction" Arctic Monkeys
    i love that there are so many ways to find one's way into the community @DeCiBelZerg