How Should Bald John Green and Other John Green Proceed into Fifa 13?

124»

Comments

• DavidDavid Posts: 1
    I think they should stay with Swindon, and here's why.  The way I see it, Bald and Other John Green are now aware of this other version of Swindon Town and it is not as successful or as filled with heart.  The two were very upset to hear this and they wanted to find some way to help them.  I think that this is the perfect opportunity for the boys to do just that.  If they played for another team wouldn't they be playing against the team that they wanted to help this season?  I want to see the John Greens join up with their alternate Swindon brothers and show them what it truly means to be Swoodilypoopers!  The boys have gotten skills over the seasons that they have played and how better to use them than to bring Swindon to the top again?  I hope this makes sense to other people too but I don't know how John Green and John Green could wear something other than Swindon red.
  • IamQEDIamQED Posts: 2
    Bald John Green and Other John Green should move to a different club.
    I feel as though the "Miracle of Swindon Town" has run the course of its story, having started in League One and moved up to where they are one of the top Premier League teams. I love my Swoodilypoopers, but I think it is time to start a new story; to me, it would be awkward to start a new campaign with Swindon Town with a whole new set of players. There have been many comments about how people root for the team, so the players can change and it won't matter. However, I've always viewed the team as the sum of its previous players. We don't (at least most of us) love the Swoodilypoopers because we like the color red or because we have some connection to the actual town of Swindon; we love the Swoodilypoopers because of the history we have shared, because players like "One Size" Fitz Hall and Leroy Williamson and so forth have given us fantastic memories. In the move to FIFA 13, this history will be lost, and while the team would still be Swindon, it will not be the Swindon we know and love.

As for what to do instead, I love the idea of playing AFC Wimbledon. They have a great story to start with and would fit in wonderfully as a spiritual successor to the established ethos of the Miracle of Swindon Town. Wherever the John Greens end up playing, BJG needs to keep his Swindon red boots as an homage to the Swoodilypoopers.
  • emzydiveyemzydivey Posts: 1
    I thought it was already decided that we were going to stick with Swindon Town, but I'm still going with switching to another team.

On the one hand, it might be tough for the John Greens to play for a town other than Swindon (especially if they ended up playing each other--can you imagine?), but on the other, it would be strange to play for a team that was the same as your old team in name only. The camaraderie the FIFA 11 Swoodilypoopers have is special, and it's not going to happen instantly with a new team whether they wear the same uniforms as before or not.

Besides, the Swoodilypoopers have raised at least some support for the Swindon Robins. Why not spread some of that love to another little club?
  • ParsnipParsnip Posts: 1
    Stay Swindon Town red.
    I love Swindon Town because of the players, and honestly, I'd almost rather Bald John and Other John didn't come to FIFA 13.  I'd rather think of them staying on, with all the players we've come to know and love, as Manager John goes on to manage a new team in a new FIFA.  I'd like to think that sometimes Manager John will be able to tell us about what's happening back with the Swoodilypoopers, because the player Johns would know about this other world and could keep in touch, but I'd rather get to know a whole new team than shoehorn my beloved Johns into this new story.

Sometimes, we have to let go of the past, even when it hurts.

I know that wasn't the question asked in the poll, but it's how I feel.
  • AcibiAcibi Posts: 1
    +1 for joining the MLS. Montreal would LOVE Bald John Green and Other John Green, even if they come with little money and peanut butter ;)
  • syue1984syue1984 Posts: 30
    Stay Swindon Town red.
    I originally voted for them to stay in Swindon.  However when John began to explain about Wimbeldon in the most recent episode, how it was started and owned by its fans, I began to change my opinion.  
  • lifeasaquidlifeasaquid Posts: 1
    Be a Judas! To Oxford you should go...
  • Sa1lor21Sa1lor21 Posts: 1
    Please stay in Swindon Town  it wont be the same anywhere else 
  • Bald John Green and Other John Green should move to a different club.
    Wombles!!!
  • mjmunkmjmunk Posts: 4
    I don't want their legacy in Fifa 11 to be over shadowed. It would be cool if they played for Las Palmas in the second Spanish division, because they're in the Canary Islands. Just don't be in England again.
  • mjmunkmjmunk Posts: 4
    Wouldn't mind them coming to the Vancouver Whitecaps either! :D
  • Stay Swindon Town red.
    I just created an account after lurking for quite some time in order to make it slightly more likely that bald John Green and other John Green will stick with the Swoodilypoopers. I feel that loyalty would be very important to them.
  • B_DelapB_Delap Posts: 1
    I think they should go to AFC Wimbledon as John mentioned in game #200, it truly is a fans club and BJG and OJG would fit in there well! Alternatively, a club in a different countries league would be interesting too I think! :)

I used to think stay with Swindon Town (I have the t-shirt after all!), but after watching episode 200 and hearing about AFC Wimbledon, I now vote for them. Either way I will still like it, I have enjoyed every episode. Thank you John for the videos, they always brighten my subscription box

• Stay Swindon Town red.
    I've registered to say stay Swindon Town Red.  Yes I am biased as it is my home town...and I could understand the narative involved with John Greens x3 moving to a different club and starting again...but the sentimental nostalgicc side of me wants to see how they would cope with a new, different, Swindon.
  • astrosassyastrosassy Posts: 1
    Stay Swindon Town red.
    SWINDON TOWN!!!
  • Stay Swindon Town red.
    Ok, so I voted stick with swindon, but the arguments for a new club are compelling. I would rather love to see bjg and ojg as outsders in a different club; favorites of the new coach. Could make for a compelling story.
  • DJMJRyderDJMJRyder Posts: 78
    Stay Swindon Town red.
    I heard a rumour they bled Swindon red!
  • geekacrossthestreetgeekacrossthestreet Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Let them play for the Norwich Canaries!
    Bald and other John Green should start managing a league 2 Club. They can start a youth program to give talent from all over the world a chance. So no spending money on transfers.
  • jml21000jml21000 Posts: 19
    a new club, but can it still be named swoodilypoopers ?
  • CasioCalCasioCal Posts: 1
    I suggest Bradford City. They are in League 2 and had the dubious honor of being the lowest side that was once in the Premier League. Of course, with the recent stunner over Arsenal they are a bit more well know at the moment.. but on the plus side the crest is a Bantam roster!
  • runaruna Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I know nothing about sports, I'm just happy OJG and BJG will be sticking around.  
    Please go somewhere new. Bring the John Greens along though. How bout Serie B?
  • BeccaL3180BeccaL3180 Posts: 1
    Let's go Hammers and sing about some bubbles.
  • StepanStepan Posts: 1
    go for orange wolverhampton
  • JZGJZG Posts: 3
    Stay Swindon Town red.
    They must stay Swoodilypoopers forever.
  • SamLoopzSamLoopz Posts: 13
    Play in the MLS, then have a run all the way to the champions league... I'm thinking Montreal... or like Portland or something
  • turdl38turdl38 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Stay Swindon Town red.
    I love Swindon.  It's OUR team.  I can't bear the thought of going to a Liverpool or Man City or any other team already in Barclay's, because it would just never be the same.  We need a team that is ours, that we bring up through the ranks.  And I've grown to love the 'poopers and so many of the players.  
    Difficult does not mean impossible.  Very little is impossible if you want it badly enough.