Second person. Turtles all the way down.

KittyKitty Posts: 5
Various places throughout the book, the narrative switches from first to second person. In particular, chapter 20.

This held a lot of significance to me. Aza's narration feels extremely distant. It's as though she is trying to dissociate from herself. Which of course makes complete sense in the contexts it's used.
I have written and spoken this way in particularly dark times in my life. While there are people who might not get this, I can empathise completely.

It's a pretty rare technique, and I wonder if John did this intentionally. Either way it was beautiful. I have to say I appreciate writers who are willing to do things a little differently :3 <3

Comments

• PonyKidPonyKid Posts: 5
    I didn't become aware of this until you pointed it out, but now that you mention it I agree. Also, this is random but I am hoping a fellow nerdfighter might understand, I just reorganized my bookshelf, and it looks AWESOME! DFTBA!
  • AlexfergusonAlexferguson Posts: 3
    I am looking for a good book on turtles all the way down. and I am having a real hard time finding the best one to buy. I ordered it but there the same thing by another author and there were minimal details and no shipping payments.
  • thomasedwards357thomasedwards357 Posts: 3 Newbie
    I ordered it and it was good read
  • elianahermioneelianahermione Posts: 1 Newbie
    Turtles make very good pets It seems like my family always has a turtle in the house as a pet I have had the great experience with box turtles. They are very nice to have and make awesome pets. You more than likely won't find one at a regular pet store such as Petco but you will have to check the internet for a pet store near you that sells them .
  • kakbruskakbrus Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited July 9
    Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work!. Thank you for this wonderful Article!
  • johnyhill108johnyhill108 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Good Job