Connect to facebook

StatusStatus Missouri, USPosts: 19
I get this nifty little error message every time I try to connect this site with facebook:

{
   "error": {
      "message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.",
      "type": "OAuthException",
      "code": 191
   }
}
I suppose this goes in support so there you go.

Comments

• gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,893 Admin
    Yes, this is a known error that has existed for as long as Our Pants has been around (since November 2012). The almighty @KasperIsager is the only one who would be able to fix this, but it might be difficult, even for his nigh limitless power.

Thanks for the feedback though! We're glad you're here! DFTBA!
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • KasperIsagerKasperIsager CopenhagenPosts: 122 Admin
    I've disabled Facebook sign-in for now as it seems the Facebook Application ID and Secret supplied when the forums were setup are no longer valid. 
    Front-end Developer at Vanilla Forums Inc. Feel free to @mention me if you have a support matter that requires my attention - otherwise, I'll most likely forget to check up on it! You can also catch me on Twitter @kasperisager or by email at [email protected]
  • angelicamandyangelicamandy Posts: 1 Newbie
    Facebook and MySpace is awesome especially their new version and every once in a while it glitches and says your profile has been disabled for site maintenance and all you have to do is sign in right away after that and it usually works.