Postcards to send away!

I have these two beautiful postcards I want to give to someone. I would prefer if they went to a country other than America (only one postcard per person). The postcards are from Destin, Florida, USA even though I am from Nashville, Tennessee, USA. you can post here and/or email me at [email protected] I will write you a little personalized note

Comments

• KinnyKinny Hula Paradise Posts: 233 ✭✭
    Oh, that sounds good ! I'm pretty sure I have some postcards from Toronto I can send you. If not, I definetely have some of my home city in Spain. So we can "exchange" beautiful places, haha :)

I'll send you an email right away, OK?
  • OlleOlle Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    I love postcards! Sending you my address in a private message now.

Can we turn this thread into Nerdfighteria Postcard Central? =D
    Stuff I make: webcomic (weekly); biology vlogs (every few months); tumblr posts (apparently)
  • noelle549noelle549 Gallatin, TNPosts: 80
    Olle said:
    I love postcards! Sending you my address in a private message now.

Can we turn this thread into Nerdfighteria Postcard Central? =D

that is something I would definitely be intrested in!

we could match people by where they wanted a postcard from/where they wanted to send a postcard to.

edited August 2013
    Well, I'm in Sweden, for what that's worth. I send at least one postcard per week to my long-distance girlfriend, but I wouldn't mind sending some more.

How do we share addresses with each other without posting them publicly? Private messages? What if we PM them to one person, who then sets up a password-protected document with a list?
    by Olle
    Stuff I make: webcomic (weekly); biology vlogs (every few months); tumblr posts (apparently)
    What if say you and I pair up the people (Using our private emails). I know that is how people on YourPants have done it with penpals. That way nobody has to have their address publicly. And when have the list/pair we can all just use emails. That brings up another question. Are we going to pair people or make a list? Like I would send to you, but you would send to someone else. And the last person on the list sends to the first.

Also, if we do the list you and I should set up a separate email for this...... I am not going to go on unless you agree with this method. Sorry for such a long response.
    Olle said:
    Well, I'm in Sweden, for what that's worth. I send at least one postcard per week to my long-distance girlfriend, but I wouldn't mind sending some more.

How do we share addresses with each other without posting them publicly? Private messages? What if we PM them to one person, who then sets up a password-protected document with a list?

Let's just register a single email account for the project, that both of us have the password for? Then people can send their addresses to that email account, we can compile a list and do whatever.

As for how to pair people up, I'd like to hear from some other people who are interested.
    Olle said:
    Let's just register a single email account for the project, that both of us have the password for? Then people can send their addresses to that email account, we can compile a list and do whatever.

As for how to pair people up, I'd like to hear from some other people who are interested.
    That works:)
  • Gringotts_713Gringotts_713 Posts: 10
    I would join the project, I can send postcards from Delaware!

I would join the project, I can send postcards from Delaware!

Thank you! That sounds amazing.
    Bumping this in case anyone else is interested.
  • IrishRock1987IrishRock1987 New MexicoPosts: 15
    I can send postcards from Breaking Bad - err Albuquerque, New Mexico! :D (not sure if we have any BB Postcards yet...)
    *trying to think of a good signature.... failed*
  • tali_dancestali_dances Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    I can send postcards from Santa Barbara, CA...
    edited September 2013
    I totally dropped the ball on this one! Let's get it off the ground.

Below is a link to a public document in which we can compile addresses. To keep spambots and ne'er-do'wells from accessing it, I've censored one of the letters (red question mark); it's supposed to be the (uppercase) first initial of John Green's second child.

docs.google.com/document/d/1T7FR4IooeMfDvcJtuQhIRbEo243iXlT-SI3Ne-va?bU/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to receive postcards, add your address or PM me and I'll add it!
    by Olle
  • Gah! This is awesome! I will admit that I did have to watch a vlogbrothers video to remember her name, for some reason I was thinking Emily. I am down to send and receive post cards. I am in Virginia, USA, but I really don't think location should be a restriction. 

I added the USPS policy on international postcards, and from what I gathered, it would cost $1.10 to mail anywhere in the world, to the document.

I've actually never done something like this before, but sounds cool.
    "Science isn't good or bad, it's only true." -Hank Green
  • I also posted this to the Nerdfighters of the Greater DC Area Facebook group.
    "Science isn't good or bad, it's only true." -Hank Green
    Well SOrry I was gone for so long. I was away without internet. I was wondering if I could get back in on this... Is that okay???
  • TrishaTrisha Posts: 298
    @noelle549 I would like to be a part of this too.