Anonymous Confessions

Comments

• ConfessionsConfessions Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    "I am afraid of what my future holds. I am pursuing a difficult career and I don't want to end up a failure."
    Submit your anonymous confession here.
    (If a confession has NRP at the end of it, it means "No Responses Please.")
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭
    "I made a horrible mistake. I met someone who I liked and asked them out. We were best friends. The only problem was that he loved me and I didn't love him back. I loved him like a friend, but I didn't love him unconditionally or anything like that. We tried waiting for me to come around. I tried putting him in the friend zone. Slowly and painfully our relationship fell apart. I was devastated, angry, depressed. Now that the dust is starting to settle, I just want to say that I am so sorry or what I made you go through. I was terribly selfish (I know you never believe me when I say it, but it's true). I want to say something to you now that we're both okay now, but I don't know what to do. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."
    Reading this I almost want to think Stephanie wrote it... I wrote a response as if I was writing to her but when I finished it I realized the chances of her actually tracking me down on this site and finally writing to me after not speaking to me for the last 6 years is pretty slim. I'm not really sure what advice to give you other than you need to talk to him as soon as you possibly can instead of posting about it anonymously. I'll spare you the details but basically the fact that she won't even talk to me anymore has hurt more than anything else. Don't make that same mistake with your friend.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    "I'm nearly always stressed to some degree. You may not see it, you may not know it, I may be able to push it away for a little, but it's always there. Nagging in the back of my mind."
  • lovelikeangelslovelikeangels ValyriaPosts: 276 ✭✭✭
    "I am afraid of what my future holds. I am pursuing a difficult career and I don't want to end up a failure."
    i understand.
    If you are plagued by externals, it is not they who trouble you, but the importance you give them.
    Marcus Aurelius
    "I decided to flash my friends husband my chest to entice him into something i wanted. shes so mad and he didnt tell her until i left and so i did it behind her back. shes so mad and says shes going to strangel me because i also did it in front of their 12yr old son. im lost. and married but my husband just laughs. ya know? whats the big deal??"
    "Life is too short to really dwell on that small crap. you must be under 30.....:)"
    "This man i know has been really upset over this chick. i hear him say shes so beautiful but she apparently has made it abundantly aware that hes only welcome when she says. well he found another neat lady from the past and had fun. hes a best friend to allot of people too."
  • shaileeshailee Sri LankaPosts: 233 ✭✭✭
    "Life is too short to really dwell on that small crap. you must be under 30.....:)"
    This is just.... You turn thirty and suddenly you only dwell on the big or serious things in life? The problems of those under thirty are "small crap" ???

shailee said:
    This is just.... You turn thirty and suddenly you only dwell on the big or serious things in life? The problems of those under thirty are "small crap" ???
    I was thinking the same thing. I really hate it when people think just because someone is young that they don't have problems or that their problems aren't as important.

I think as people get older they start to forget how hard life was growing up. Or maybe their lives were all so mind numbingly horrible that they repressed it all. Or if they're very lucky maybe their lives weren't that hard when they were young. Whatever the reason I got news for you, it's not all fun and games. Just because someone is young doesn't mean anything. You think a homeless child is living a happy care free life just because he's a child? You have to be an adult before being homeless actually matters? You think children who grow up being abused is no big deal just because they're young? Oh how about childhood cancer, they're under 30 so it's no big deal right? Apparently cancer isn't a real problem till after 30.

In case you can't tell I'm being really sarcastic. Truth is age is irrelevant. Your problems aren't magically more important just because you're older. At best you might have more problems because you've lived threw more crap but that doesn't make your problems any more important.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    "I had an accident that left me disabled for over a decade. After years of being disabled and gaining weight because I couldn't work out, people treat me like I'm stupid or lazy because I'm fat. One guy yelled at me out of a passing car "Lose some f-ing weight you f-ing fatass". Looking back, I think that stranger in a car yelling at me is the trigger to my agoraphobia. I hate myself for letting someones opinion and rudeness change my life in such a major and negative way."
    "The fact that you seem to care more about your own opinions than science and cannot seem to use homophones correctly has made me lose what little respect I had for you."
    "I had an accident that left me disabled for over a decade. After years of being disabled and gaining weight because I couldn't work out, people treat me like I'm stupid or lazy because I'm fat. One guy yelled at me out of a passing car "Lose some f-ing weight you f-ing fatass". Looking back, I think that stranger in a car yelling at me is the trigger to my agoraphobia. I hate myself for letting someones opinion and rudeness change my life in such a major and negative way."
    I have no idea what agoraphobia is but that's not right. Even if you weren't disabled no one should talk to you like that. Some people have a hard time loosing weight even when they do diet and exercise. Some people are just really lucky and they can actually be lazy but never gain a pound. It's stupid to think that just because you diet and exercise to stay thin that everyone else has to do the same. Everyone is different.
  • turdl38turdl38 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Agoraphobia can be loosely translated as VERY severe social anxiety or fear of like...going out.  More literally, it's a fear of open spaces.
    Difficult does not mean impossible.  Very little is impossible if you want it badly enough.
    turdl38 said:
    Agoraphobia can be loosely translated as VERY severe social anxiety or fear of like...going out.  More literally, it's a fear of open spaces.
    So basically the opposite of claustrophobia. Would be really weird if someone had both at the same time...
    Technically, the opposite.  Practically, not so much.  Claustrophobia doesn't come with a love of people and social activities, whereas agorophobia often comes with a dislike/anxiety over the same.
    Difficult does not mean impossible.  Very little is impossible if you want it badly enough.
    "I honestly cannot wait for my grandfather to die. He's been abusive and abrasive forever. He has very little quality of life left. He takes away from time I want to spend with other people. I just wish my stupid aunt could/would let go and let him die, because I think he would if it weren't for her. She's totally delusional about how he is and what his reality is like. It drives me nuts. I feel horrible for wishing somebody would die, but he's 87 years old and deserves to escape from the super broken body and mind that he's been forced to live with."
    "My night mares have recently become more pleasant to be in than the real world? Is there something wrong with me or is the real world just freaking scary."
    "Sometimes I think I was only put on this planet for people to torment and make fun of. I know it's not true, but when i look back on my fairly short life that is 70% of what I see."
    "Sometimes I think I was only put on this planet for people to torment and make fun of. I know it's not true, but when i look back on my fairly short life that is 70% of what I see."
    How many compliments would it take to lower that percentage? There's enough people here, I'm sure we could make that happen.
  • LiljaLilja IcelandPosts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I don't know who you are but the fact that you're a part of the nerdfighter community tells me that you must be kind of great :)
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. -Alice in Wonderland

I live in the land of the last ones :)

"My household has recently become what some might consider 'financially successful' and it's freaking me out a bit. My spouse and I now have a combined yearly income in the low six-figures. It boggles my mind. What does the balance between enjoying success and still being a good global citizen look like? How can I be a good opponent of classism and still reap some of the rewards of the work I do?"
    I highly recommend choosing a percentage to donate.  Like, say...10-15%.  That way it's not too much that it'll hurt, but it's enough to make a difference.  And also, if you someday have less money coming in, you can still contribute that 10-15%.  If a cause comes up that you really love, go ahead and donate a bit more when you're able.
    Then save the same amount for college funds or retirement or whatever.  From there, have fun with it.  Let yourself take a vacation or buy a nice pair of shoes or whatever.
    I agree with the above. If you have extra money to spend, spend it on charity. Just make sure to keep enough for yourself so you can still pay all your bills, feed yourselves, and maybe put some away for emergencies because you may not be so well off forever.
    "I get emotional way to freaking easy, and it makes people think I took them the wrong way. I wish I could just stop getting upset over PIZZZAA I know I have no reason to be upset about!"
    "I kind of feel like I'm unravelling. Does that make sense? Everything in my life is going relatively well, but I still feel like I'm losing control of everything. And I don't know why I feel the need to control all of my life circumstances. It's stressful and maddening. Does anyone have any tips on how to just let things go? It's impacting pretty significantly on my everyday life, and I've been feeling more and more down about everything as time goes on. I get stressed and panicky about things that I can't control and I'm getting frustrated with myself. I wish I could just stop thinking for a while."
  • oceanpotionoceanpotion EnglandPosts: 347 ✭✭✭
    "I kind of feel like I'm unravelling. Does that make sense? Everything in my life is going relatively well, but I still feel like I'm losing control of everything. And I don't know why I feel the need to control all of my life circumstances. It's stressful and maddening. Does anyone have any tips on how to just let things go? It's impacting pretty significantly on my everyday life, and I've been feeling more and more down about everything as time goes on. I get stressed and panicky about things that I can't control and I'm getting frustrated with myself. I wish I could just stop thinking for a while."
    I know how you feel. My life is going great but i can't shake the feeling of an disater just around the corner. I really have nothing to worry about but feel like my life s falling apart. It's good to know that i'm not the only one who feels this way. Whoever posted the first time feel free to message me any time you want. Talkings good.

"I literally would not be alive without nerdfighters and the internet in general. No way in hell. So thank you all. Still a long way to go and super scared and struggle with feelings of worthlessness, but thank you for helping me get closer and find at least a minuscule amount of the will to live."
    I know how you feel. My life is going great but i can't shake the feeling of an disater just around the corner. I really have nothing to worry about but feel like my life s falling apart. It's good to know that i'm not the only one who feels this way. Whoever posted the first time feel free to message me any time you want. Talkings good.
    I was just thinking... Paranoia is normally described as the feeling that someone or something is secretly out to get you. Everyone has that feeling some times and it's no big deal. However some people that actually suffer from it actually think everyone is secretly against them. The one benefit of suffering from paranoia is that it becomes really difficult for anyone to sneak up behind you because you're always hyper aware and looking over your shoulder for no good reason. Anyway, you two just seem to think something bad is going to happen which may also be a mild form of paranoia.

The bad news is there is always a possibility something bad could actually happen. The good news is there is equal possibility that something bad won't happen so there's no sense in worrying about it. You ever heard of a self fulfilling prophecy? It basically states that if you think something bad is going to happen it will, not because you predicted it would but because you made it happen. This isn't always true, I mean you can't control the actions of other people. However it could be something like you're worried you're going to forget something before you leave your house and then because you're thinking about that rather than the thing you were suppose to remember you actually do forget something. You'd remember things a lot better if you concentrate on the thing you need to remember and not the idea "I hope I don't forget anything". That idea doesn't help you remember to grab your pass port, your wallet, your keys, or anything else because it's really unspecific to what it is you actually want to remember.

Some times a little paranoia can be a good thing, it helps us to avoid danger when someone really is following you. Just don't let it control your life. If things are going well try to focus more on that instead of what may or may not be lurking around the corner. Though to be fair it is really hard to tell the difference between actual danger and just some dude who happens to be walking in the same direction on a public street. I'm still trying to figure this out myself so I know it's not easy. I never claimed it would be, just that you should try.
  • oceanpotionoceanpotion EnglandPosts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    "I literally would not be alive without nerdfighters and the internet in general. No way in hell. So thank you all. Still a long way to go and super scared and struggle with feelings of worthlessness, but thank you for helping me get closer and find at least a minuscule amount of the will to live."
    Everyone needs somewhere where they can feel like they belong/can be themselves. I hope that you're okay and know that you're not worthless - you're a nerdfighter, how much more awesome can you get! Being part of Nerdifighteria is a great way to be part of a community.  It's great the way everyone gets toghter to decrease world suck! Making the earth awesome one step at a time!
    :)

"I hate everything about myself so incredibly thoroughly that I want to end it all. I can't change myself and I can't get help. I don't have anything to live for anymore."