Anonymous Confessions

Comments

• ConfessionsConfessions Posts: 357 ✭✭✭
    "I really like you! We seem to think a lot alike, and, unusually enough, it's easier to speak to you on the phone than it is to message you. I know it seems a little weird, what with the distance, but I would try my very best. I think it could be great if you gave it a chance... But first, I want to become a closer friend to you. Also, you are REALLY attractive and you have a really nice smile and an adorable laugh. Gosh I don't want to sound like a weirdo by telling you all of this!"
    Submit your anonymous confession here.
    (If a confession has NRP at the end of it, it means "No Responses Please.")
    "I'm in my late twenties and I've never had sex. It's been almost ten years since I've had a significant other. This is the source of most of my anxiety. I really, really want to have sex."
    "I'm one of those people who has good friends, good grades, and a good family. Life for me should be pretty good and all that and it is I guess. But people don't really listen to me. Like my friends don't listen to what I really have to say and crap. Even when I try."
  • RialVestroRialVestro Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭
    I suppose I should be mad that you choose to post that even though I know you didn't write it. I forgot there was actually a person posting, the responses seem automated. Between that and the fact you already removed the posts and apologized I didn't really have time to get mad at you.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
    "I still pretend to have conversations with you as if we were still friends."
    "Men can't ever shed a single tear for any reason without being the subject of ridicule. I know nerdfighters agree it's totally sexist and I don't really need to be the anonymous man with emotions to fit in around here, in fact, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only man with emotions in My Pants... but I'm kind of scared to publicly admit that I some times wish I was a woman just so I could openly express myself without being made fun of. According to society, crying isn't masculine so I might as well be a woman anyway."
    "Because of the hours my sister and I work we don't see each other at home much, and when we do she tends to joke about not thinking I actually live at home but just sneak in at night to sleep. It's funny, but today I had a day off, and as such I decided to make a joke about it and just said 'ha, I do live here.' She then turned to our mom and said 'she spent the whole day in her room, it doesn't count' so I retorted that it was just because she had the TV the whole day. I was still kidding, but I guess I suck at jokes, because then my mom and sister got indignant about it... to end this quickly I ended up getting a lecture about snarking at my sister. Whenever I interact with my family it ends with a lecture, and yet they wonder why I spend all my time not working in my room."
    "Because of the hours my sister and I work we don't see each other at home much, and when we do she tends to joke about not thinking I actually live at home but just sneak in at night to sleep. It's funny, but today I had a day off, and as such I decided to make a joke about it and just said 'ha, I do live here.' She then turned to our mom and said 'she spent the whole day in her room, it doesn't count' so I retorted that it was just because she had the TV the whole day. I was still kidding, but I guess I suck at jokes, because then my mom and sister got indignant about it... to end this quickly I ended up getting a lecture about snarking at my sister. Whenever I interact with my family it ends with a lecture, and yet they wonder why I spend all my time not working in my room."
    It's hard to say because I don't really know the whole situation here. The only thing that would really make sense to me is maybe your mom thinks you're having a fight with your sister over the T.V. and rather than sharing it you choose to just spend the whole day in your room rather than spend time with your sister who you say you hardly ever see. And it kind of sounds as if you want to spend more time with your sister but feel as though you really can't. My best advice, and again this is not really knowing the whole story, I'm just guessing here... next time you have time off work, maybe see if you can do something together, away from the house if possible. This might help ease some tension between you and your family. You might have bigger issues I'm not really aware of and if that's the case this isn't going to help but from the limited information you provided I think you can resolve the issues this way. I hope this helps.
    Ni, peng, nee-wom! Ecky, ecky, ecky, pakang, zoom-ping! Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong!
  • shaileeshailee Sri LankaPosts: 233 ✭✭✭
    I know what that feels like! I use work as an escape because while everything at home is okay, we always manage to fight about something. I feel like my brother always steals the show, and as if no one at home cares. This is worsened by the fact that I spend very little time at home. But whenever I do spend time at home, I make sure to spend it with everyone. My mother doesn't let us stay locked up in our rooms, and our tv is in a place where the family gathers. So it's always family time. Which is important. What little time you spend at home is useless if you aren't spending it with family. But it's also important for them to spend time with you. Instead of watching tv. Or staying glued to the computer
    "I have multiple personalities. None of them are destructive or anything like that, but if I tell anyone, I know they'll think I'm very crazy."
    "I'm reading through the confessions thread and I think it's sick that people, even Nerdfighters, will use this thread to complain about fellow forum users anonymously and then even sicker that people would "vote up" it. What if the person sees it? It's like anonymous abuse on Tumblr. Just my two cents."
    "I have multiple personalities. None of them are destructive or anything like that, but if I tell anyone, I know they'll think I'm very crazy."
    I'm an actor, I was in theater for 7 years professionally and 3 years of high school. The first thing I learned about being in theater... everyone is crazy. That's the one place I know where people like us can be ourselves without worrying about ending up locked in a padded room... well unless your voice actor except they get paid to scream at themselves in a padded room and they get to leave. Not an actor? Work back stage, either way you'll end up meeting a lot of people who are just like you.

Some of my favorite quotes. "There are two requirements for working in theater. Have no life and be insane." -Joanna Hobbs, the woman who hired me in professional theater. "Normal is vastly over rated." and "I reject your reality and create my own." -Adam Savage from Mythbusters. "The only difference between being in the insane asylum and being a voice actor is we get paid to stand in a padded room screaming at ourselves." Scott McNeil professional voice actor who you might not know his name but you have heard his voice at some point... or seen him as a frozen corpse on the 100th episode of Psyche. He was also the main villain, though you never see his face in Scooby Doo 2. Ed and Al's dad from Full Metal Alchemist. Various characters on My Little Pony, Transformers, and Dragon Ball Z. I could go on for days.

My friends, Taylor, Erica, and myself all have multiple personality disorder and we've all worked in theater in some capacity.
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    @RialVestro Another person who knows how to see their own reality. Finally. Oh and Jamie wants big boom.
    I love you and I like you
  • lovelikeangelslovelikeangels ValyriaPosts: 276 ✭✭✭
    i've always found DID interesting. i'm watching United States of Tara right now on Netflix (completely addicted to this show) and it's only heightened my intrigue. how many alters do you have? have you thought about or have you gone to a professional for a diagnosis?
    If you are plagued by externals, it is not they who trouble you, but the importance you give them.
    Marcus Aurelius
    "Do you know? Does anybody else know besides R? I told E, and said it was okay for him to tell you, but I have no way of knowing if he did or not, and I'm certainly not going to ask. Is the way I get a spring in my step whenever I see you not enough to let you know? The way I always seem so nervous around you; the way I avert my eyes because I know if I don't they'll stare; the way I always try and sit close to you; the way I always come to Mr. S's room to be with you even though I have to go without lunch to do it. Are these things not enough to get you to notice? I'm trying to be good friends with you, but it's so hard to do when I want to love you so much more. I know it's beyond my control, but I wish you saw it my way. I wish you fell in love with people, not genders. I wish you could see past the boy me and see the real me, as dramatic and cheesy as that sounds. And I wish I could accept the fact that even if you did do that, you probably still wouldn't want to be with me."
    i've always found DID interesting. i'm watching United States of Tara right now on Netflix (completely addicted to this show) and it's only heightened my intrigue. how many alters do you have? have you thought about or have you gone to a professional for a diagnosis?
    I don't know what show you're talking about but the random questions can get really annoying really fast. Especially when you come off as a bit obsessive rather than just curious.
  • lovelikeangelslovelikeangels ValyriaPosts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I don't know what show you're talking about but the random questions can get really annoying really fast. Especially when you come off as a bit obsessive rather than just curious.
    i'm sorry you read my response with inflections and tones that do not exist. 
    last time i checked, i was allowed to be as "obsessive" i wanted to be about anything. excuse me if i voice that. i've already stated DID has always interested me. and my questions are not random, they're in line with the subject matter.
    by lovelikeangels
    If you are plagued by externals, it is not they who trouble you, but the importance you give them.
    Marcus Aurelius
    "I have an embarrassing question for Dr. Doe (AKA Lindsey from Sexplanations). So embarrassing that I am afraid to even ask this in a normal thread with a normal user name. Anyway, does anybody know how to submit a question to her, preferably anonymously, but at least privately (ie won't show up on youtube, tumblr, etc)? Thanks, and please no responses other than the info I asked for."
    edited October 2013
    i'm sorry you read my response with inflections and tones that do not exist. 
    last time i checked, i was allowed to be as "obsessive" i wanted to be about anything. excuse me if i voice that. i've already stated DID has always interested me. and my questions are not random, they're in line with the subject matter.
    The reason I said you come off more obsessive than curious is because you totally ignored the issue he or she was worried about and jumped into questions about the disorder. You were basically being what the person was worried about to begin with. The questions are random because you don't just immediately bombard a person with questions about their personal life when they're being anonymous. If you're that curious you could of talked to me sense I openly admitted I also have Multiple Personality Disorder as well but instead you went to the anonymous person who's afraid to talk about it?

By the way... you can be obsessive about whatever you want but please keep in mind that this particular "thing" as you put it... has feelings... address him or her as a person, not a thing that you happen to be interested in. If he or she wanted to be questioned about it, it wouldn't have been posted anonymously. You can PM me and ask your questions but only if you apologize to the anonymous user first.
    by RialVestro
  • TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    "I have an embarrassing question for Dr. Doe (AKA Lindsey from Sexplanations). So embarrassing that I am afraid to even ask this in a normal thread with a normal user name. Anyway, does anybody know how to submit a question to her, preferably anonymously, but at least privately (ie won't show up on youtube, tumblr, etc)? Thanks, and please no responses other than the info I asked for."
    Hmm, I don't know about being anonymous, though I guess you could always ask someone to ask her for you, but the only way I can think to ask her directly would be by e-mail or a PM or the like. You could always make a new one account just to ask if you're embarrassed.
  • CarolililinaCarolililina SwedenPosts: 7,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Would an anonymous quesion on tumblr maybe work? Otherwise yes, PM or e-mail maybe?
    by Carolililina
    "I just feel so done. It's an uphill battle and it never seems to end."
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    "I just feel so done. It's an uphill battle and it never seems to end."
    Don't worry too much if you can help it. I and probably most other people feel like that quite a lot.
    I love you and I like you
    "I'm that jerk who plays their music way too loudly in their car. Sorry, everyone."
  • TeajTeaj The Kingdom of CanadaPosts: 19,071 ✭✭✭✭
    "I'm that jerk who plays their music way too loudly in their car. Sorry, everyone."
    That's my sister, too -_- and my friend, and my boss, and... you get the point, you're not alone in that. XD
  • turdl38turdl38 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you don't have music with swears so loud that said swears are so clearly heard that I have to explain them to a child who may be in my back seat, I don't really care.  My response to such people in high school was to blast Radio Disney as loudly as possible.  I don't think Radio Disney is a thing where I live now though.
    Difficult does not mean impossible.  Very little is impossible if you want it badly enough.
    As long as you're not blasting that music near people's homes when said people are trying to sleep I don't care. Otherwise it's just a mild annoyance than a serious inconvenience.
  • TheStigTheStig Loses Sword Fights to Cardboard Boxes Long IslandPosts: 5,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, I'm like that too. If people don't like Meshuggah when I play it next to them they can roll up their windows. Nice to see a confession on here that's not heavy and depressing.
    "Well, scientifically speaking, traditions are an idiot thing." - Rick Sanchez