Teenage Nerdfighters Unite (Our Pants edition)

Comments

• hermionegrangerhermionegranger the nearest libraryPosts: 123 ✭✭
    I just had to google both geocaching and Elliott Smith and now think highly of each, although I usually don't listen to Smith's kind of music. Other than that, I have never really thought about urban exploration all that much (which probably has something to do with the fact that I live in a suburban area).
    Don't be upsetti, have some spaghetti.
  • AdaAda Posts: 101
    @hermionegranger What kind of music do you listen to?
    Make art, not friends.
  • ohalltheplacesohalltheplaces TexasPosts: 551 ✭✭✭
    @beepbop1011 you have a fabulous taste in music. Its not at all cause we enjoy some of the same stuff at all. No. No

I am a type of person that gets random and deep obsessions. I do not, however, usually give them up easily. I say now, after listening to all of Elliott Smith's albums in chronological order. Opppps lol.
    "I want to make a simple point about peace and love
    But in a sexy way where it's not obvious"
    -"Science Fiction" Arctic Monkeys
  • AdaAda Posts: 101
    @ohalltheplaces Me too! For both. I mean, once I tried to watch all of the Brotherhood2.0 videos in order (I didn't succeed). Also, if you like Elliott Smith, you should try James Taylor if you haven't already heard his music, though I should note that his more recent albums are a lot better than the older ones, especially Before This World (it's fantastic).
    Make art, not friends.
  • beepbop1011beepbop1011 International Space StationPosts: 645 ✭✭✭
    Ada said:

@ohalltheplaces Me too! For both. I mean, once I tried to watch all of the Brotherhood2.0 videos in order (I didn't succeed). Also, if you like Elliott Smith, you should try James Taylor if you haven't already heard his music, though I should note that his more recent albums are a lot better than the older ones, especially Before This World (it's fantastic).

I've watched all of them! In order!
    And yeah, same, about devouring discographies because obsession!
    Recently, I've been listening to a lot of LCD Soundsystem
    bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz bzz bzz zzz
  • SANTA_ATE_CHICAGOSANTA_ATE_CHICAGO PennsylvaniaPosts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    Oh geez don't get me started on music. My tastes are eclectic like you wouldn't believe. A bit of viking metal, a bit of pop, some rap, some folk, a bit of ska, a bunch of soundtrack stuff, some stuff purely because of memes, etc. etc. I don't go very broad in many genres though. Like, the only norse stuff I have is Tyr and Wardruna, the only pop is Misterwives, the rap is all Watsky, etc.
    I love you and I like you
    Does anyone here like The Smiths? Cause They are my current THING.
    @Ada I have about three different tastes in music. Sounds weird, I know. I'll listen to mainstream music when I'm lazy and don't want to open Spotify because it requires too much clicking, but most of the time I listen to loud punk rock or silly Hank-style music.
  • the_one_on_the_leftthe_one_on_the_left B.C. CanadaPosts: 587 ✭✭
    So I decided to actually log back onto my schooling after a couple months of neglect and found my final two essays were marked. I should probably look into getting my adult diploma now that I’m 18, but it’s kind of a hassle. But I get bored on my days off work (like today) so it’d give me something to do.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g6CXieLHNt_ivmwffHw0ETNvbCkoXrnm

Look at that, I can write.
    There are always more pieces to the puzzle.
    I am a walking oddity in the nerdfighter world now, lacking any school diploma despite being an adult.
    Nerdfighteria is alive! I’m glad it’s back.
  • NeiroAtOpelCcNeiroAtOpelCc Denmark (Als)Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭
    Has it been gone?
    My substitution for facebook and twitter: 
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/neiroatopelcc
    @NeiroAtOpelCc Yeah, it was down for around 2 months (judging by the timestamps). I think vanillaforums was doing some updating. Like, the url changed from vanillaforums to vanillacommunities so I guess that's what was happening.
    Upon further research, what actually happened was that vanillaforums changed to vanillacommunities and then didn't tell anyone so everyone just assumed it disappeared but it really didn't. Anyways, the problem is (sort of) fixed.
    I noticed the change when I got an email from the system a while back, but I've not seen it be completely down. but ya. I guess it isn't a priority for most people.
    weird. I don't remember getting an email or anything.
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,894 Admin
    Yea, even as an admin/mod, I never got notice about the change from vanillaforums to vanillacommunities. I had to email my contact at Vanilla Forums to find out about the change. It would have been good if the original site had redirected to this one, but alas, it just looks like an error page unless you somehow investigate further.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
    I fear this might have dealt a substantial blow to the forum’s already niche population, but I hope not.
    Also, third anniversary badge!
    Wow, I’ve come a long way from the person I was then. I think I like the changes.

Then again, in other ways it feels like I’ve stayed “true” to myself. I also like that.

I’ve done a good job growing myself as a person, particularly this recent summer. Here’s to another day, another year.
    gnaist said:

Yea, even as an admin/mod, I never got notice about the change from vanillaforums to vanillacommunities. I had to email my contact at Vanilla Forums to find out about the change. It would have been good if the original site had redirected to this one, but alas, it just looks like an error page unless you somehow investigate further.

I received an email about something or another, where the link to the site was provided - and it said the new site name. Otherwise I'd not have noticed either. To be honest I'd probably not even bothered look for it. Also doesn't help that the new site is getting caught in our spam filter, so I only get notifications once a week now (when I get the email list with stuff that got caught).
  • ThunderSavagThunderSavag Guelph, Ont, CanadaPosts: 5
    Greetings. I'm new to the forum. My name is Thunder. I'm an 18 year old, gender fluid, disabled, Hufflepuff.
    Welcome aboard.
    Hobbies? Favorite book? May I suggest the Alex Verus series?
  • ThunderSavagThunderSavag Guelph, Ont, CanadaPosts: 5
    Hobbies: knitting, sewing, drawing, art in general. Favorite books: Harry Potter, Tamora Pierce, Septimus Heap.
    What are yours?
    My hobbies are slightly different. They include playing Magic the gathering, computer games and cars.
    As for books - I love looking for alaska and the urband wizard series I mentioned earlier.
    @ThunderSavag Welcome to the forum! I also love Harry Potter. I read Septimus Heap a while back, but I don't remember much from it now.
    MY HOME. I didn't know it was resurrected! I have missed my TNU family. how is everyone? I say this like there is many lol.
    @ThunderSavag welcome! I am so glad to meet you
    This place truly is a special little corner of the internet. It’s surprisingly niche, even for nerdfighters.
    @ohalltheplaces I'm glad you're back!
    @hermionegranger maybe make a post in with names of people you're missing here. With a bit of luck some will have set up email notification and will learn of the name change
    @hermionegranger I am glad to be back. it is indeed a little corner of the internet.

lol, this place is so dead, but I hope it will never fully die.