Writing-driven Insomnia?

JustinSwanJustinSwan Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
I just want to know if I'm the only one. With papers-does anyone else wake up in the middle of the night with a brilliant idea for their paper subject, with a wonderful intro and conclusion idea, and you have to start writing it right now?
“But I will say this: When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him.” 
― John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars

Comments

• AlexAlex DCPosts: 178 ✭✭✭
    With music, yes, all the time.
    The British Non-Tea Drinking Society (American branch) - All of the awesome, none of the tea.
  • thisisjackolanternthisisjackolantern Posts: 26
    edited November 2012
    Music and to-do lists, constantly. Not necessarily to-do as in menial tasks, more of a want-to-do list. Like, 4am: oh wow why have I never tried to cast wax for a custom candle before? and then I write it down and may eventually do it. 

With writing papers, I've not necessarily had this experience with details of the paper. Perhaps if earlier I had been brainstorming topics for a paper, I might have had an epiphany like this. Can't remember any specific instance, though.

Edit: of course, the to-do list is simply writing down a short idea or maybe explanation as well. I rarely actually do the thing I thought of right at that moment.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253
  • Not always at night, but sometimes I am completely involved in something else, and then I am randomly struck with inspiration and I rush to my computer and write for hours. I do my writing in bursts like that, mostly.
    some things you do for money, and some you do for fun, but the things you do for love are gonna come back to you one by one.
  • JustinSwanJustinSwan Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    @underyourboots Lucky-I'd much prefer that it happens when I'm occupied with something else. I had an epiphany for a paper this morning at 4 am, just 1/2 an hour after I fell asleep. At six am, I went to bed...only to get up at 7 for a bio test. It's the...seventh time that's happened this semester.
    “But I will say this: When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him.” 
    ― John GreenThe Fault in Our Stars
  • AReasonToWriteHomeAReasonToWriteHome Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    Not necessarily papers, but I'll stay up all night if I get an idea for a new project or story.
    Brandon.  Nerdfighter.  Editor-In-Chief of the Anglerfish.  All around liker of things.

• mirndamirnda Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    Does staying up really late because you're RPing count? I did that last night DX
  • ShaneLee1ShaneLee1 Posts: 6
    Next, to finish the research work, the author needs to be able to join super elements and facts. We all recognize that MBA dissertation help is a difficult job and nearly every pupil needs help, there are numerous college students who despite the truth that begins their paper by means of the usage of themselves however somewhere at the middle of the paper they caught.