365 Nerds

LookingForMyMiracleLookingForMyMiracle Posts: 939 ✭✭✭
Alright, let me say right now that this is crazy. But if it wasn't crazy, it wouldn't be worth doing, would it? I should also say I literally just thought of this about a hour ago, so there may be hurdles I haven't thought of yet. Let me explain what it is. There's been a ton of brotherhood  2.0 style projects over the years, and I love them all. Even the ones I don't watch. You see, these projects are in my opinion the best use of the internet. They're building connections between people who otherwise couldn't communicate at all. But there are problems with them. The people involve struggle to keep up with a tight schedule, and tend to find themselves running out of ideas for new things to do at a certain point. Here's what 365 Voices would be: One vlog everyday of the year, each one from a completely different person. Each individual would have the chance to focus all their creativity and awesomeness on one video, taking part in one epic conversation over the course of the year. I don't know if we could rally 365 nerdfighters with only a month away from the new year, and there are some obvious kinks that will need to be worked out, but I want to try it. So, what's your opinion nerdfighteria? A stupid idea, or a something worthwhile?
Update: Links to everything you need

Here are the rules https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nCwGSpTTMmK_dw3wk01CgwbvMMKaodUgJU63ZY_gA8M/edit
And here's the Facebook group, which will likely be the hub for new information http://www.facebook.com/groups/523655357653836/?notif_t=group_r2j
Now comes the Tumblr http://365nerds.tumblr.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/365Nerds
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/365Nerds?feature=mhee
DECEMBER 1ST UPDATE: We have sent out a mass E-mail to those who signed up asking for your preferences (Don't panic if you haven't gotten it yet, it could take a while)
Anybody who would like to sign up from this point should E-mail us at [email protected]
If you signed up for an E-mail but didn't get one, go here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IcHOr_N7_GQUlTMGjtkLf8xPDyTSzaaAQbvJJZZsBJI/edit
Calendar so Far: https://www.google.com/calendar/[email protected]&ctz=America/New_York
''The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints- 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...''

Comments

• rickycrickyc Posts: 89 ✭✭
    i can honestly say, that if this thing is pulled off, it would be the most ambitious vlogging project I have ever read about/seen/heard about. I'm in as I really love the idea. Hopefully, 363 more Nerdfighters will think so too :P
    Current and Forever Obsessions: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Harry Potter, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Avatar: The Last Airbender, All Things Joss Whedon, All Things Aaron Sorkin

My Theme Song for Life!

365nerds: a project to post a video for every day of the year
    Nerd count: 134/365
  • ShmalTalkShmalTalk Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    I'm in. :)
  • Ambitious? Yes. Crazy? Not even close.
    I'd totally be in for it! You might want to spread this around Our Pants a bit more; stick it in the YouTube forum as well

The truth is usually both, sometimes neither, but it always depends. 
  • LookingForMyMiracleLookingForMyMiracle Posts: 939 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    You're all full of awesome sauce! And I will be posting this on other forums. One should never doubt the nerdfighters
    ''The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints- 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...''
  • OrinOrin Posts: 14
    I´m in.

The gift of time. The gift of life. The gift of wisdom. The gift of light.
    For these things we are thankful. For these things we pray.

G´Quan Ceremony
  • mushideblehmushidebleh Posts: 1
    I -just- made this account .

I really wanted to express all of my YES for this project. ALL OF IT. :D
  • jurassicaaaajurassicaaaa Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay! I'm in. Would there be a formula? A list of topics, just vlogs about current issues, that kind of thing?
    "Like cheese in our pockets, these are the Pizza in Our Pants." | 
    I live in the land of the Last Ones.

Yes, just what ever you would want to talk about. It could be about you, your life, something you deeply care about. You could also try to tie it into what previous vloggers have been discussing.
    On another note, anybody who would like to have an especially hands on role in this project should PM me.

• mAshleymAshley Posts: 47
    If I could learn to youtube correctly, I'd do it! 
    365Nerds Team Member, here. Links to important things: 
    Facebook Group | Nerd Count: 168/365 | Youtube | Tumblr Blog
     ~A nerd a day keeps the world suck away~ DFTBA
  • zentourozentouro New York, NYPosts: 76 ✭✭
    I would totally like to be involved. This sounds so cool. 

other places i live

@mAshley I could give you a later date in the year, which hopefully would give you time to figure out whatever problems you have with youtubing (Though, I should say, I don't think there's a correct way of using youtube. The correct way is whatever you're comfortable with)
  • celinesaracelinesara Posts: 231 ✭✭
    This sounds absolutely crazy and fun that I want it to happen. Why hasn't anyone tried this? I wouldn't mind being part of the 365.
    (:
  • beccalynn311beccalynn311 Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Would it be like a Day in the life kind of Video? 

I'm interested. It's only one vlog :)
    @beccalynn311 Yeah, you could think of it like that.
  • gnaistgnaist Stanford, CA, USAPosts: 4,895 Admin
    I've never vlogged in my life, but this seems like a great project. I'm interested in doing something or other for it.
    Prince of the Last Ones
    I'm on a brand new collab channel: The Last One To Vlog Here Wins
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -- Helen Keller
  • RealReal You know that's right! Huntsville, ALPosts: 413 ✭✭✭
    This sounds totally awesome and I'm in. Someone should create a Google Doc for everyone to sign up with their name, e-mail, and current YouTube channel. Also, someone should snag the 365Voices channel/account name ASAP so we have it to work with. I say if we can get 31 people to sign up, we should gopher it! Then, during January, we can continue recruiting. Thoughts?
    @real  Sounds like a great plan, but I was thinking, perhaps it should be called 365 Nerds instead of 365 Voices. Seems slightly more accurate
    I'm already thinking about doing an amazing christmas video :P I won't say what it is cause it would obviously be a surprise, but trust me, it is epic :P
    Current and Forever Obsessions: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Harry Potter, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Avatar: The Last Airbender, All Things Joss Whedon, All Things Aaron Sorkin

My Theme Song for Life!

@rickyc Dang it, we're going to have wait over a year for that! I feel like we're all on a tetris piece that only goes up at this point.
    I know! THAT IS SO SOON! I gotta start the anticipation building now! :D

My Theme Song for Life!

• TzviTzvi New JerseyPosts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm totally in. But @Real is right, there's gonna need to be some major organization.
    Troubadour of the Last Ones
    “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
    ― George R.R. Martin,
    A Dance With Dragons
    edited November 2012
    @rickyc I see. It's never to soon to start the hype. Now, 3 things
    1 If others could mention this project on all those nerdfighter Facebook groups, that would be a big help
    2 To those who don't want to Vlog but still would like to help, you could spread the word about it as mentioned above. Also, I think we'll have some type of intro for all the Vlogs to have. You could come up with ideas for what that would be.
    3 This last one may be to ambitious, and I don't want to spam/annoy them, but it would be incredible if we could get John and Hank's attention. Just getting a tweet from them about this would pretty much make it a sure thing we get the amount of people we need on board.
  • BananaBatBananaBat Posts: 97 ✭✭
    I love this idea, I'm in!
    Who cares about normal? Remember the talking monkeys...
  • Real said:
    This sounds totally awesome and I'm in. Someone should create a Google Doc for everyone to sign up with their name, e-mail, and current YouTube channel. Also, someone should snag the 365Voices channel/account name ASAP so we have it to work with. I say if we can get 31 people to sign up, we should gopher it! Then, during January, we can continue recruiting. Thoughts?
    Sounds great! I'd love to do a video for my Birthday, which is in January, so that's 1/31st of the first month taken care of. But I just checked and the YouTube channel 365Voices is already taken. 365Nerds and 365NerdVoices are still available.
  • Ohhh this sounds rad! I'm in.
  • NakariNakari Posts: 1
    I'd love to be part of this!

I also made this account just now so that I could join this project. Yay internet!
  • LiljaLilja IcelandPosts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never made a vlog before but I'm in :)
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. -Alice in Wonderland

I live in the land of the last ones :)

• YES.
    some things you do for money, and some you do for fun, but the things you do for love are gonna come back to you one by one.
  • youlovelucyyoulovelucy Posts: 22 ✭✭
    YES. IN. ETC.

I'm also down for helping with organization, just tell me what to do!
  • hawksong_lullabyhawksong_lullaby Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely yes.  I've never vlogged before but I'd really like to be involved in this.  It will be epic.